Groupe Pentathlon is a non profit organization whose mission is to develop innovative sporting events, that makes people come together and live enhancing experiences and emotions.
The Pentathlon des neiges has grown since its first edition at Lac-Beauport in 2005! Started as a retirement project by Jean-Charles Ouellet, the event has gone from a few dozen participants to becoming:
- Since 2010, Canada's biggest winter outdoor event with 5400 participants in 2015 and World's biggest winter multisports event
- The only legacy event of Quebec City's 400th anniversary in 2008
- Best new event in Canada in 2008, awarded by the Canadian sports tourism alliance
- Groupe Pentathlon is the developer of the new winter triathlon discipline and host of the World premiere of the Quebec ITU Winter Triathlon in March 2014. A new sport is born!
- 2014 Quebec ITU Winter Triathlon recognized as the Best new event of the year by Triathlon Québec
- 2014 Quebec ITU Winter Triathlon awarded the Prix Coup d'Éclat for a new product or original activity by Festivals et Événements Québec
- Best Winter Race in the Eastern Canada in 2014, according to the Get Out There Magazine Readers' Choice Awards
- Finalist in the Event or tourist attraction of the year category, at the 2015 and 2016 Québec's Board of Trade Gala des Fidéides
- Finalist in the International Event category at the 2015 Gala Sports Québec
- In 2015 and 2016, finalist in the category Event or touristic attraction of the year at the Gala des Fidéides of the Quebec Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- In 2017, the Pentathlon was also in the new Event of the Year category at the Fidéides Gala, in addition of beating its own record of registration, year after year.
- In 2019, the Pentathlon celebrated its 15th anniversary!
- A contribution to the "À l'école, moi j'bouge!" (At school, I move) project, which gives the opportunity to thousands of elementary school students to move in after schools activities. More than $110 400 has been given by Pentathlon des neiges since 2010.
- The Pentathlon des neiges and the Winter Triathlon became reasons, for Quebec City, to implement a refrigerated 400 meter oval skating rink overlooking the St-Lawrence River, open for public skating. This becomes a fabulous tourist attraction and a good installation for Quebec's city citizens.